With transport and logistics being the second largest contributor towards global CO2 emissions, it is important that we have a positive environmental attitude and take on a share of responsibility to reduce carbon emissions arising from our activities.
Delamode is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
This policy applies to all Delamode companies and subsidies. The practices detailed below are the minimum required across our group:
The key points of our strategy to achieve this area:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Utilise electric counterbalances forklifts for warehouse operations.
- Installation of renewable energy sources on warehouse facilities.
- Photovoltaic (PV) systems installed at UK warehouse facility
- It is projected that the 2 x 10kw roof mounted panels will save a projected 350 tonnes of CO2 emissions, over a 25 year period.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Prioritise equipment and vehicles which minimise carbon emissions.